At the New Zealand Historical Association Conference in Auckland in November 2005, the idea was mooted for a journal to be formed in order to link up people interested in topics relating to New Zealand and its environment. This includes people with interests in environmental history, landscape studies, literature and the environment, garden history, history of science, treaty history, and heritage issues.
New Zealand members and their interests
ENNZ: Environment and Nature in New Zealand
Volume 6, Number 2, November 2011
Download this issue (PDF 2.5MB)
- James Beattie, Editorial Introduction.
- Article: Paul Star, ‘New Zealand’s Biota Barons: Ecological Transformation In New Zealand’
- Request: Joanna Bishop, ‘Medicinal Plants In New Zealand, 1850s-1920s’
- Book Review: Charles Dawson, on Māori and The Environment: Kaitiaki
- Book Review: Julian Kuzma, on The Settler’s Plot
This website aims to provide information about people and upcoming events, including conferences, books, seminars, etc.
If you want to add your details or any information, please contact the following:
James Beattie email@example.com
Chief Editor: Dr. James Beattie
Associate Editors: Dr. Charles Dawson, Dr. Julian Kuzma, Dr. Matthew Morris.
Thanks to Dr Libby Robin and the Fenner School of Environment and Society for hosting this site.