Welcome to a new look ENNZ Volume 3, Issue No. 1. This issue includes a facsimile of an article by William Gorrie from 1880, which lists a number of New Zealand plants growing in Scotland. James Beattie introduces the topic and uses Gorrie’s article to reflect on some of the prevalent scholarly themes on acclimatisation. Teresa Shewry provides a review of Paul D’Arcy’s new book, The People of the Sea: Environment, Identity, and History in Oceania. Rounding out the issue is a call for papers for Animals and Agriculture: A Multidisciplinary Workshop, to be held at The University of Auckland in July 2008.
Sign up for our newsletter
- Seminar at ANU: Gathering histories for ecological restoration
- Seminar at ANU: Locust Plagues and Players
- Rachel Carson Center Call for Doctoral Candidates 2017
- Melbourne Free University lecture by Susan Lawrence: ‘Liquid gold: How controlling water made Victoria’s miners rich’
- Two new environmental history “Stories from the Field”
- ANU Seminar ‘National Landscapes: The Australian Literary Community and Environmental Thought, 1934–1948’