Welcome to a new look ENNZ Volume 3, Issue No. 1. This issue includes a facsimile of an article by William Gorrie from 1880, which lists a number of New Zealand plants growing in Scotland. James Beattie introduces the topic and uses Gorrie’s article to reflect on some of the prevalent scholarly themes on acclimatisation. Teresa Shewry provides a review of Paul D’Arcy’s new book, The People of the Sea: Environment, Identity, and History in Oceania. Rounding out the issue is a call for papers for Animals and Agriculture: A Multidisciplinary Workshop, to be held at The University of Auckland in July 2008.
Sign up for our newsletter
- Tom Griffiths wins Ernest Scott Prize for The Art of Time Travel
- Launch of H-Envirohealth
- CFP: Tracing the Ecological Footprint of East Asian and World Civilizations (EAEH 2017)
- Seminar: What are the humanities doing about climate change?
- CFP: Sustaining the Seas conference (Sydney)
- Deen De Bortoli Award for Applied History now closing 28/4